Product Update: Hotel Budget & Spending Caps
NEW: Hotel budget
With our new budget per hotel option, you can now select to allocate an overall budget which is then used for all placements.
What advantages does the hotel budget offer?
- Hoteliers have the opportunity to allocate just one overall budget and select the platforms they want to be live on. The overall budget is then spent dynamically according to where the traffic is coming from.
- This makes it easier to manage a single budget source and corresponds much more with the monthly budget planning approach of many hoteliers.
- The cost per placement can be retrospectively tracked in the Placement Report in our portal.
Also, new budget refill approaches are now available thanks to this new feature :
- Performance Based refill: Like the placement budget, an automatic budget increase can be set as long as the CPR across all placements is below the specified maximum. “Keep your campaigns running as long as return is as expected”
- Monthly refill schedule: A budget can be defined in advance for each coming month. This budget is then automatically ordered at the beginning of each month making it easier to distribute an annual budget to each month without having to regularly manage different budgets for each placement.
The hotel budget is only one way of managing budgets. Overall, you can choose between these three options:
1. Placement Budget
2. Payment by Consumption (with valid SEPA mandate)
3. NEW: Hotel Budget
1. Placement Budget
This is our default setting. Each placement has its own budget that is ordered and pre-loaded into the account.
Advantage: Precise control per placement: how much budget should be invested in which placement.
Disadvantage: More administrative effort: It must be checked more often if and how much budget is remaining per placement.
2. Payment by Consumption
All placements run without limit and the consumed budget is invoiced at the end of the month.
Advantage: Remaining budgets do not have to be kept in mind, because there is no pre-loaded budget.
Downside: More cost control necessary.
3. NEW: Hotel Budget
One single budget for the hotel. The hotelier can select the placements to activate and the budget is then spent dynamically according to where the traffic is coming from.
Advantage: No need to care about the split per platform.
Downside: Administrative effort to check how much budget is remaining in the hotel’s account.
New are also our spending caps:
NEW: More precise cost control through deactivation settings of placements
Although the new hotel budget allows for simplified budget management, there is also the possibility to set limits per placement to ensure more cost control.
- Weekly Spending Cap
If the costs of a placement exceed a maximum within one week, the placement will be automatically paused and reactivated at the beginning of the next week (Monday).
- Monthly Spending Cap
If the costs of a placement exceed a maximum within a month, the placement will be automatically paused and automatically reactivated at the beginning of the month (the first).
- Performance Based Cap
Keep your campaigns running as long as the results meet your expectations. If the CPR within a defined consideration time exceeds your desired level, the campaign will be automatically paused. If a placement is paused in this way, manual intervention is required to reactivate it.
Do you have questions about our budget options? We would be happy to advise you and look forward to hearing from you!
Do you want guest service 2.0 and take a big step in the topic of digitalization? Then the digital guest folder - our web app for guest and host - is just right for you!Our digital guest folder offers you the possibility to provide the most important hotel information for your guests - before, during and after their stay.
Successful pandemic recovery: How a volcano eruption and the right direct marketing strategy helped the Northern Light Inn to recover business in 2021 and even outperform 2019 revenue numbers
The campaign managers at myhotelshop take care of your online campaigns and increase your direct bookings via your own hotel website. Today we continue with Antonio Hoffmann. He has been campaign manager at myhotelshop since January 2020.
Running a successful marketing campaign as a hotel includes different strategies, platforms, models and points of view. The CPA or Cost Per Acquisition model is one of them and is also available for myhotelshop customers. We talked with two experts at myhotelshop to show you the benefits and advantages of this model.